RE: Trying to work in eclipse using a version of python

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 16:55:08 +0200

Well, eclipse just makes no sense to me - as in, the nasty/honest version is
what's the point of trying to use it?

As in, firstly, what does it offer, and how are you then meant to do basic
things, like navigate what you'd call something like the parent folder of your
project, etc?

Sorry, but I will have to find out from the other developers this side why they
need/want to use eclipse at all if you understand what I mean, since for basic
python work, edSharp is more than good enough, using it along with command line
calls to test/try run things, and for windows executables, I have put together
py2exe if I want to generate stand alone executables for the current stuff I
have gotten around to trying out in python - all command line thus far.

Anyway, I mean, thanks for your efforts, but am not really finding any reasons
why using eclipse for python development work makes much sense at all thus
far..?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker