Re: To Ty, This Code Compiled And Ran For Me

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:18:58 -0600

>                public static void main(String[] args) {
you had args in brackets in the tutorial: [args]
The way you just showed is the correct way.
On 6/23/2011 11:07 AM, Homme, James wrote:

Hi Ty,

First of all, I already saw and fixed an error in the tutorial thanks to your help. I am going to post that part soon.

Secondly, this. I'm unsure if we have differences in our systems, but just to make totally sure, I made sure that except for the hello world call, Eclipse generated this code for me automatically. I didn't type anything but the System.out.println("Hello world."); part. This compiled and ran for me. I checked the Eclipse console and sure enough it worked. I don't know enough about Java and Eclipse yet to know why it worked for me, but it definitely does.

/**

*

 */

/**

* @author lidikki

*

 */

public class Hello {

                /**

                * @param args

                */

                                System.out.println("Hello world!");

                }

}

Jim

Jim Homme,

Usability Services,

Phone: 412-544-1810.

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.

--

Take care,
Ty