RE: Tips on laying out forms using Visual Studio 2008

  • From: "Lloyd Rasmussen" <lras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 06:53:26 -0400

When, as ou cursor through a cell, Window-Eyes dings a lot, it may mean that
the line you are on has been divided into several clips.  Highlighting a
single letter might also cause this, but I would guess that after you draw a
cell, an extraneous vertical line gets drawn through it, at least
temporarily.  Try Insert-backslash to redraw the screen and see if it cleans
up.  Also try moving the mouse pointer or WE cursor by clips using Insert-7,
-8 or -9 on the numeric pad.  Knowing that W-E thinks the cell was divided
into smaller pieces will perhaps give you new information to work with.  Or
it may just mean that the off-screen model isn't accurate enough.

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls