Re: The top three big problems

  • From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:21:28 -0700

Wow, this is such fantastic information. Thanks so much, I'm going to
catalog all this and integrate as much as possible. Marlon's idea for
non-random navigation, just wow, that's such a great idea. I think I
could integrate that into my compiler, no problem. I never would have
known, however, that something like that would be usable. Awesome.

One thing you can do in my compiler is, when you're debugging you can
"step over" like usual, but you can also "step backwards," which
allows you to hear the what happened previously. My "assumption," and
please tell me if it's not a good one, is that when you are using
audio to debug, it's easy to miss something the speech
engine/screenreader/ tool just stated. So, in my program, you can
"back up" to any point in the program, and it aurally speaks what the
program is doing when it reverses. Does that sound like a useful
feature for folks?

Any other things on the wishlist? This info is just fantastic, thanks!

Andy