Re: The top three big problems

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:13:34 -0300

Agree with Teddy.
Also I'll point out this:
1- Non random navegation: A sighted person can scroll quickly the text
of some thousands of lines untill they see a green color then they
know that is a variable declaration or untill they see a idented block
then they know that uge if statement opened 200 lines ago is closed.
We can't. Having commands like next declaration, next definition, next
block and their previous conter parts would greatly emprove navegation
speed.
2- Errors: Sighted people can see in a pane what is the error and fix
that. This is hard for us. Commands like next error, next warning,
together with the previous counter parts would emprove the error
corrections sppeed. These commands would put your cursor in the line
pointed as being wrong, and there should be a command like say error
to say what error it is. Alternatively, a well structured, accessible
error list could be provided. This list should contain the error, and
a enter key should put you right in the line pointed as having the
error.
3- A decent settings menu, with standard controls that would let you
clearly to set things such as include files directories, include
libraries and such. Visual c++ 2003 (I don't know about the 2005) is a
good example about how to make one spend more times trying to fine
tunning the project than actually coding it. If all those controls
where standard (the standard controls aren't so horrible) it would be
easier.
As for debugging, if MS and Borland have a gdb like I would be very
very very very very happy! I never found another way of debugging, but
placing messageboxes and cout stuffs in my code (which sometimes is
faster) than thus, and I feel really good with gdb because it will
allow mme to do whatever I need.
Marlon

free."
Linus Torvalds