Re: The Expect Functionality in Windows

  • From: "ridge007" <ridge_007@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:11:22 -0400

Will this run on windows vista?
Thanks, Rob!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lloyd Rasmussen" <lras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:21 PM
Subject: RE: The Expect Functionality in Windows

I am sure you could run Expect or Cron in Cygwin.  But perhaps you don't
need to. In Windows XP Media Center Edition, at the command prompt, I have
the AT command.  Here is the brief help info for AT, obtained by doing
 At -? >at-info.txt

The AT command schedules commands and programs to run on a computer at
a specified time and date. The Schedule service must be running to use
the AT command.

AT [\\computername] [ [id] [/DELETE] | /DELETE [/YES]]
AT [\\computername] time [/INTERACTIVE]
   [ /EVERY:date[,...] | /NEXT:date[,...]] "command"

\\computername     Specifies a remote computer. Commands are scheduled on
the              local computer if this parameter is omitted.
id                 Is an identification number assigned to a scheduled
                  command.
/delete            Cancels a scheduled command. If id is omitted, all the
                  scheduled commands on the computer are canceled.
/yes               Used with cancel all jobs command when no further
                  confirmation is desired.
time               Specifies the time when command is to run.
/interactive       Allows the job to interact with the desktop of the user

                  who is logged on at the time the job runs.
/every:date[,...] Runs the command on each specified day(s) of the week or
                  month. If date is omitted, the current day of the month
                  is assumed.
/next:date[,...] Runs the specified command on the next occurrence of the
                  day (for example, next Thursday).  If date is omitted,
the
                  current day of the month is assumed.
"command"          Is the Windows NT command, or batch program to be run.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls