Re: Team Excellence Award Winner

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:24:28 +0200

I think that if you cannot do absolutely everything, it is not important at all that you can do just a few parts of the work, because nobody will employ you, and you won't be able to prove that you can do what you can do, so the fact that you can imagine a good web design, remains without any results to prove it.

If you don't agree with this, it is not because you or me are wrong, but because we live in different countries where the economic situation and the people's culture is different.

I have explained for more times what a blind person cannot do, and nobody told me how can it be done, but I just heard that this and that job could be done by someone else.

Well, what do the blind person think that web design means? Typing html code and setting CSS styles for arranging it on the screen? Just that? That is not web design at all. That is html-writing. Web design it means art, it means imagination, it means color and shapes combinations in order to produse a nice-looking web sites.

I know that maybe 99% of the web sites don't use any kind of design, but just copy the style used by other sites, and the CSS, and the Javascript, and the blind persons can do that... maybe they won't be able to verify, but they will be able to copy the styles, and they would be even able to get a job to do that kind of work, but it doesn't mean "design".

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>