Re: Team Excellence Award Winner

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:43:54 -0500

About twice in my 35 years I have run into an attitude like yours, it does very
occasionally happen. I do understand your point of view though, to discover
that there are hundreds of more successful people on this list alone than
yourself and that you are not the centre of any universe than your own must be
difficult. After all,applying the same measure to yourself makes you
unacceptable on the basis of your impairment. Why would anyone trust you as a
blind person?

Your personal insecurities though are just that, very personally yours. Now you
have shared them with us all. While that is very sad this list isn't the most
appropriate place to exorcise personality inadequacies.

I am perhaps more fortunate than you insofar as people are free to seek my
services out, be they patients for direct care or colleagues for mentoring or
physicians for consultation. They probably do it out of charity, I know I would.

This isn't about you and me though Matthew. It is about someone who happens to
be blind who has been recognized for a standard of excellence regardless of
what you think. Actually your position in the matter is totally insignificant.
you are irrelevant to it what ever you think.

I do hope that the rest of the list subscribers including myself have the
generosity to be happy for you if ever you achieve some special recognition.

It is all very well to have a giggle winding up the list albeit remarkably
immature. Time now to be a good little boy and drop it.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
DLeavens@xxxxxxx
Skype DaleLeavens