Re: Team Excellence Award Winner

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:06:43 -0500

Hi Teddy,
I am not sure if the pages under consideration are internal to the company
or external and public. That's why I have not answered the question of
where they are to this point.

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

             "Octavian
             Rasnita"
             <orasnita@xxxxxxx                                          To
             om>                       programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-
             bounce@freelists.                                     Subject
             org                       Re: Team Excellence Award Winner

             11/28/2007 01:54
             PM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

CSS doesn't help you to see what's in a picture, what colors it uses, or
how
to align a form in an image with the surrounding text, or with another
image.

You talked about talent of others versus the miss of talent of others.
Shame!
When you do that, you should tell us the address of that web page that
shown
the "talent", and not try to tell us that a blind person can do what a
sighted cannot do, because he could have talent.

A musician that became deaf, can compose a melody if he heard before and if

the knows very well how the instruments sound, but I don't think that
musician could compose the same for some instruments that he never heard
how
they sound.
In the world of design, everything's new for every page. Nothing's the
same.
The colors, the images, the text, the layout of the pages, the style that
should be shown, so each combination is a new one.

(I don't consider "design made by a dlind" the copying and pasting the html

and css elements in a text editor after they were made by others, or after
their layout was verified by other sighted users).

And after so many discussions after this, I still can't see a single web
page made by a "talented" blind web designer.

Octavian