RE: TTS implementation using python etc. - class strings an issue

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:06:15 -0400

Hi Jacob,
Do you think this might help? http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyTTS/3.0

From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 8:09 AM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TTS implementation using python etc. - class strings an issue

Ok, think my original email got lost in a bit of downtime for freelists, so
will resend it now.

Anyway, was trying to make use of either the
System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer class string - that one works in
.Net, or Say.Tools for SayTools to get python windows apps to talk to me, but
although they sort of work in .Net, I can't run regsvr32 on any one of the 3
versions of the System.Speech.dll files on this machine, or on SayTools.dll,
and python's own pytts namespace isn't valid on this version of python - 2.7 -
so, what have done thus far is implement a command line call of SayTools
SayLine.exe to get python to talk to me during whatever else it's busy with,
and that works alright, but would also just be nice if you could at least try
implement an instance of a com component using it's file location/filename, but
doesn't seem doable or something.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have