Synthesized Voices: Comments

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:33:05 -0500

This is something that is probably very hard to get right. Two of the things
that make me stick with Eloquence are that it emphasizes words usually at the
correct places, and it pauses in the right spots for punctuation. Even though I
like the human voices because they sound like people, I find it difficult to
listen to them for more than a few minutes because I have to keep translating
emphasis in my head.

Jim