Re: Stylers

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:41:31 -0400

Although I haven't used it in years, the code formatter from GNU was really good and, of course, has source code so you can add features if you like.

On May 21, 2009, at 3:36 PM, Jared Wright wrote:

Hello all, Lately I've been jumping onto the bandwagon Of writing my code without much regard to formatting and putting it through a styler at the end to make it more presentable for sighted peers. It's really increasing productivity for me, since I'm thinking about my code and not as much about keeping the indentation levels straight. My only hurdle so far has been finding the most effective stylers to use. I've been test driving a couple, but they either aren't very flexible in the specifications they use to beautify code, or they were in some way inaccessible or at least annoying to use with adaptive technology. was hoping someone might have some recommendations. I work primarily in Java and PHP/SQL at this point, although the more versatile the better. Thanks in advance.

Jared