Re: Sql server 2005 sp2 warning

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:34:08 -0700

I hear you, just for the record, revo uninstaller is also a great little program, it will show you the roots as well as pull them, and pull them screaming!

elf
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
Been there, done that. It cleaned up some entries but the instance was still there someplace. I also made all the Registry modifications recommended and a bunch of other things but the instance would still be found when attempting to download and install a new Default Instance even though nothing was showing up in the files. I think the instance would show up in the Add / Remove Control Panel as well, not when reading the list of software installed, only when trying to remove instances, but it would not go away. I do not remember all the gory details but it is something to be careful with and make sure install and, or, UnInstall is done exactly correctly the first time, every time.
Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>