Sql server 2005 and jaws 8.0.1163 question

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:35:50 -0400

We got sql server 2005 installed and got service pack 2 installed on it
and did a little bit with it on the first day.  Then I return a few days
later and cannot connect to the server because the local server doesn't
want named pipes used for connecting which I find entirely reasonable.
We're both on the same machine.  Is this some kind of bad Jaws 8.0
interaction?  I know Jaws has to use pipes to connect to sap software's
e.r.p. server and it works when doing that, but the thing is so far as I
know I didn't do anything in configuration to enable those pipes unless
that's what that remote agent does, I did install that since the sql
server administrator didn't know what that does.  This in some ways and
to some levels is a learning experience for all of us here at work.

Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>