Re: Sonified Debugger vs. Screenreader Question

  • From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 05:07:40 -0800

No, not really, yes one must present original research as a part of one's dissertation and overall application for Ph.D status, but remember that one must continue their quest for information for the rest of their lives. If one pursues an education to this level, you can bet they are not happy performing the same repetitive mechanical movements as let's say a tech support guy, they are continually trying to figure out better and faster ways of acquiring knowledge and various types of information. Read any professor's bio and you'll see they have completed much, much more research after completion of their Ph.D program.

On the other hand, I bailed on that academic repetitive crap and selfishly put my knowledge to use in the real world. I must confess I'm now a very happy consumer of research than producer of it while at the same time increasing my income by 100%. I will say I'm the exception to the rule as about 85% of those receiving a Ph.D state they are happy with their chosen field of study.

Matthew

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob J." <rjustice004@xxxxxxxxxx>