Re: Sonified Debugger vs. Screenreader Question

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:29:27 -0500

John Greer wrote:
"But Mat don't you want to program to Beethoven?"
Interesting you should put it like that, since that's been my overwhelming thought during the time I've been reading this thread. I don't know how the rest of you feel about other sounds in your computing environment, but I am rarely if ever working without
music playing. A variety of other factors in my computing environment
generate sound. One nice thing about the boring, droning speech synthesizers is that they do isolate themselves within a certain segment of my aural consciousness, allowing me to interpret what they're telling me without having to pick their cues out amongst from whatever my current soundscape might be. IN order for me to entertain the idea of using something that uses a lot of auxiliary "normal" sounds, I'd have to see more than a cursory potential spike in productivity.

JW