Re: Sonified Debugger vs. Screenreader Question

  • From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:05:34 -0800

Will asks,

> Are you running a quantatative or qualative experiment?

The work I'm doing is a large component of my dissertation and
actually includes a series of experiments and theoretical work. The
next experiment is a little of both. We'll probably video tape folks
using our tool for usability analysis, but take some quantitative
measures to make our statistical analysis easier, I suspect. Some of
the previous experiments use some pretty new theoretical techniques
which are somewhat difficult to classify, and are based on trying to
measure a human's comprehension of audio, which is somewhat tricky.
Some of this is published, although I'm waiting to publish some of the
major experiments until my dissertation is finished.

I can email you one of the latest papers if you want, or if you have
IEEE access, it was presented at ICPC 2007 this year.

Andreas