Re: Some stories

  • From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:27:45 -0800

Thanks cdh,

It might be interesting to note that the problems you mention are
exactly what I've been working on in my debugger, minimizing syllables
and reducing short term memory requirements. I designed a whole
compiler underneath the surface that tries to intelligently handle
these things, and I've been running human studies to figure out what
works best under what situations.

And, if I've learned anything during the process, it's that you are
right. In fact, I might go so far as to say that, from the data I've
been able to gather so far, that short term memory issues are one of
the most, if not the most, significant issues.

Andreas