Re: Sodbeans 1.0 Released

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:48:30 -0400

For me, nothing seemed to happen when I chose the download link with IE7, but then I pressed Alt+N for the information bar, and found that a popup had been blocked. I was then able to get the file via the download menu option of the information bar.

Jamal

On 7/11/2010 10:06 AM, chris hallsworth wrote:
Not really. I just went to the URL given in this thread.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 11/07/2010 15:00, Andreas Stefik wrote:
That's very strange, Chris. I just tried it and it worked for me, both
from the sodbeans website and sourceforge (both worked). Can you give
more details?

Stefik

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 3:25 AM, chris hallsworth
<christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all, I can't get it to download. I tried a combination of screen
readers
NVDA and a new one called Cobra but to no avail. I can click the
download
button, but nothing happens, not even my download manager comes up.
When I
got the link to download again it told me the product didn't exist.
Please
help? Many thanks.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 10/07/2010 16:18, Andreas Stefik wrote:

The one you want is here:

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/widget/jdk6.jsp

You want Java SE, JDK latest version.

I'm almost leaving for the airport, but I'll have one of the
programmers look into this issue carefully tomorrow and see if we can
come up with a better deployment solution than making you folks go
through this crazy process.

Stefik

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Jacob Kruger<jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ok, am busy downloading the SDK from here:

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=java_ee_sdk-6u1-wjdk-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_SMI

Hopefully right one, but it also mentioned netbeans for example.

Stay well
Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA