Re: Social networking site for the blind

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:29:39 -0600

I think this is a good idea, but if you needed some more ideas, feel free to visit blind-planet.com or zonebbs.com

I am sure there are more out there, but those are the two big ones.
thanks
Nimer J

dusty bray wrote:
Hi everyone,
Wow, it's been forever since I've looked at this mailing list. I hope everyone is doing well.

I've just started development on a new social network specifically for blind users, and I would love some feedback at this stage. My goal is to create an online community, similar to Facebook or MySpace, with content and features geared toward people using screen readers. I’m trying to make the interface really simple with little clutter and no annoying images. So far, I’ve been focusing on the profile, personal blogging, and public forum features.

The site is by no means complete, and many of the features aren’t yet fully accessible (or functional), but I would definitely appreciate some opinions before anymore work is put into the project. Please give me some feedback on the website's usability, maybe some ideas for features, or opinions on whether or not you even like the idea of a blind social network. If there seems to be interest in the project, I think it would be something worth expanding upon.

If you would like to give input, the site is located at www.blinknation.com . Feel free to make an account, test things out, and leave your comments in the forum.

Thanks so much your help,

dusty.......

The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon. Check it out! <http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_SeasonOfGiving>