Re: Shell Programming Was RE: Searching for blind programmer to start a school for blind programmers

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 20:43:06 -0600

Don:
>You are a very knowledgable programmer. I hope you will be able to contribute to Vinux! However, I have found you to be a little too confrontive on many
>lists in the past.
I do not know everything, nor will I claim to. I do though have a problem with people (Ken's boost spirit discussion is a great example) who will say something, switch sides, say something else, then switch sides again and say something totally different. I know some people have a lot of knowledge, but some of the things I've heard on this list are purely ludacris. I am highly oppinionated; it is one of my faults. I like to think for myself more than I'd rather just join up with whoever is jumping on the band wagon for a specific thread. More importantly though, I love to help new people or old if there is something I can help with, and I want, to the best of my abbility to give them correct information. when there's something totally off being thrown out there that might have an affect on what someone else learns, I would like to fix that. If it means standing up and calling Ken or anyone else out on whatever the big topic of the day is, I'm willing to do that.

As for signing up, I would like to sort of help out before I just jump into head developer. I want to see what I can do and get a grasp on things. Right now, before any serious development takes place though, I believe some organization needs to be set out to help people wanting to help. I have asked a few times about how I could help, and the only answers I really got were "I'll let you know next week." Your to-do list was the best step in that direction. We also need things to be kind of pushed along. Not many of the topics on your list were commented on besides you and I. My other last concern was this huge build-script thing that is going on. Apparently a manual needs to be written, which just confuses me; a manual should not really have to be written unless the code being used is a library of some sort or another, in which case the library needs documentation. This is just a suit of scripts to automate certain tasks. Can you shed some light on this? This is also one of them "It'll have to wait," things, so I'm not really sure when anything will actually get done.