Re: SharpDevelop 4.0 not accessible, what can be done about it?

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:18:38 -0600

I've never used sharp develop nor do I know c sharp but, I found this
which you may find interesting.  It's an ide taht forked off of an
earlier build of Sharp Develop according to the faq page:

http://monodevelop.com/FAQ

Says it's cross platform, Linux, Windows, Mac OSX.  Caviat is that it
appears to be build using gtk#.  I've previously had trouble accessing
gtk+ applications in windows since I don't think Jaws knows quite what
to make of these window classes.  However, they can probably be
scripted pretty easily since gtk is what gnome runs on and gnome is
pretty good about accessibility right now.  Who knows, though, the
fact that it's a c# app might mean it runs pretty good on windows with
accessibility out of the box.  I'm thinking of installing the linux
version into my Vinux vm and having a look at it there just for kicks.

Regards,
Alex M