Re: SharpDevelop

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:20:22 -0700

hi Jamal,
well having just gotten your march 11 update, half the troubles I had with the prior editions install have vanished, but I still get this first one: during the scripts install I get the following error after I check the "all users" radio button (*note, I am on the admin account for this comp, its XP, sp3, with J10 and your march 11 ed sharp):

{begin error message:

Alert

Insufficient rights for All Users!

OK

:end error message}

other than the above strangeness, all seems to be working really well with ed sharp and with the search features it has, and I love those options, its in use almost daily here.

a question though, I sent you a large word list with proper spellings, that was open source, what ever happened with making your own spell checker?

the reason I ask is not everyone has word on there computer, or going the same route, could ed sharp look for HJ pad or if WE has it, its equivalent?

and that just reminded me of the one other problem I have with ed sharp, when I run a spell check, it opens word, and when I close word out, and go back to ed sharp, I'm now at the top of the document, not where I originally was!

I could bookmark my last position, but it would be nice if you can set it to leave my pc cursor where I had it originally when I am finished with a spell check.

alright, you take care, and again, thanks for your excellent work!

inthane

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:26:04 -0700
From: The Elf <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jamal,

it was recommended to me a while back and I was told it was useable, that is
why I have it linked to the grab bag site, smile.

I haven't tried everything up there myself, as you know I'm not that big a
programmer, I started out after listening to a few questions on my former
housemates e mails (all three of us had computers set up in a extra bedroom in the house) that I could answer and decided to see what I could learn and
might be able to contribute!

anyway, did you get my previous message on the script error I'm getting? and
if you did reply would you let me know, because I didn't see it

thanks,
inthane