RE: Setting Up JAWS With VMWare Server

  • From: Rodney Haynie <RodneyH@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 14:26:13 -0400

Jim,

The following is true for Remote Desktop from Windows.  I have not used the IBM
client you spoke of.  And I have not used any other technologies Sina and
others have spoken of in other threads.

For JAWS you will need "Remote Access" enabled for your JAWS serial #.  You can
verify if your serial # has it enabled or not by going to FSActivate.com, click
on the button to start activation, then click on the link to verify the
information for your serial #.  Enter your serial #, submit the form and you
will be given the authorization info for JAWS.  Check out the table, "Remote
Access" is towards the end of the table.

If you do have remote access, then the server you wish to connect needs to have
JAWS installed on it as well, with JAWS remote server checked off at time of
installation.

Then when you remote into the box, you should be able to start JAWS.

Basically the JAWS on the server will send text strings back to your computers
version of JAWS which will automatically speak the information.

HTH.
-Rodney