Re: Separating .net from Visual Studio

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:29:57 -0400

Niran wrote:
"But with JAWS scripts for visual studio installed, the ide isn't that of a problem" No JFW here. I'm sure Window Eyes will get its VS2008 scripts up to par very shortly, in which case I may revisit. But the way the IDE continually changes focus of the active pane, for example, just kills productivity. Code completion is OK, I guess, but I never really thought it was that hard to finish a word you've already started typing. I'm really trying to get a handle on VS as it does seem to have its uses. But as of now I'm spending way more time than I can afford messing with the IDE, although you certainly imply that taking the IDE out of the equasion won't make my life much easier. Guess I have some knuckling up to do. *sigh* Thanks for the info. If I had a few weeks to sit down and learn VS for what it is, I might have more success. But I have projects coming in as fast as I can handle them, and I'm certainly getting my Java and C++ stuff done loads faster than I am my .net stuff on account of Java and C++ not having environments I'm fighting with. Maybe it'll just take time, and hopefully I can tred water. Maybe I should have learned VS over the summer, but I've always been a typesetter more than a WYSYWYG kind of guy and figured I'd be able to keep it that way. Live and learn. And sleep soon, maybe.

JW