Re: Selecting case insensitive

  • From: Anthony P Schnurr <aschnurr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:31:33 -0400

Octavian,

Here is 1 solution you may try:

select * from scheme.table where upper(name) like '%MARIA%';
This should find all instances of Maria no matter which case it is.

Regards.

Tony

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia 22042,
USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
delivery.
purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/07/2008 06:55
Please respond to
programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Selecting case insensitive

Hi,

Does anyone know how can I select a certain record from an Oracle database
using a case insensitive match with the "like" operator?

I want the following SQL statement to return the records that have the
field name equal to both "Maria" and "MARIA":

select * from scheme.table where name like '%Maria%';

Thank you.

Octavian