Re: Seeking someone to compile 32-bit version of NFBTrans

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:10:14 -0500

Jamal,

I'm glad you are having better luck with xml2brl Perhaps I will change
the name in future releases to indicate that it is not limited to xml
input files.

Please note that much more attention has been given to fowrard
translation than to back-translation. If you trranslate a text or xml
file you will see that it is not only  translated properly but also
formatted properly. Try this on a Daisy xml file from Bookshare. This
applies to xml2brl NOT to lou_translate

liblouisxml is now slated for bug fixes only. Work will move to
liblouisutdml project page http://code.google.com/p/liblouisutdml This
is because it incorporates the Unified Tactile Ducyment Markup Language
(UTDML), which gives the capacity to provide all the computational
resources needed for braille transcription, including dividing a book
into volumes.

Many of the current liblouis tables for languages and braille codes
other than the O.S. one give horrible back translations. This will be
fixed as part of  the BrailleBlaster project.

Now to your questions.

xml2brl uses liblouisxml.dll libxml2.dll and liblouis-2.dll

I don't know why you are having a problem with line endings. I've
noticed something also and need to  look into it. However, any fix will
go into the repository. We have to solve the linking problem before we
can get the latest release of liblouisxml as a Windows binary. It is
easy to compile the dll's with Microsoft compilers, however.

The problem with double quotes in the leader loines in the table of
contents is with the translation table. It can be fixed, perhaps by
using the noback opcode prefix.

Let me know if you have more questionns.

John