Re: Seeking perspectives on a computer purchasing predicament

  • From: "InthaneElf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:55:48 -0700

dude, there has been a slow, I grant, but moving up trend to 64 bit from the first, if you watch the actual trends and the IT maps (I get reports sent to me, don't ask me for one, I dump them almost as fast as I get them, else my HD would be more crowded than it already is). it has been moving up more aggressively since vista, and has jumped since the release of SP1.

and another note, jaws stands for "Job Access With Speech" and VI folks are loosing, or are being downgraded in there job status due to companies being on the rise in changing over to 64 bit systems and OS's,

inthane
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com
operator: Fruit Basket Demo Sight, where you can find a similar project done in several programming languages, along with its source code, so you can decide what language is right for you

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jared Stofflett" <stofflet@xxxxxxx>