Re: Seeking perspectives on a computer purchasing predicament

  • From: "Darragh Ó Héiligh" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 22:09:07 +0100

Evening,

yes, Linux and Orca will run happily on a 64 bit system.
Firefox had a problem some time ago when it was packaged for Fedora 8
I think it was but it's running great now.

You can dule boot a 64 bit operating system and a 32 bit one.
You can run a 32 bit operating system within a virtual machine when
the host is 64 bit however not the other way around.

But, I'm sorry to keep going on about this, but, more people should be
giving out to freedom scientific and gw micro.   we deserve and need
the acces to 64 bit operating systems.

Darragh
www.digitaldarragh.com
linux recordings at www.digitaldarragh.com/linuxat.asp