Re: Seeking accessible Drupal tutorial

  • From: "Jim" <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 18:01:05 -0400

Hi,
Bookshare volunteers can no longer scan and validate the same book. Tell me when the books are submitted and I'll do all I can to validate as quickly as I can.

Jim
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:19:40 -0400
From: Chris Hofstader <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jamal - Today may be your lucky day.  Susan, my lovely wife not to be
mistaken with your lovely wife of the same name, has volunteered to scan,
OCR and correct one book per week for bookshare.org as her way of
contributing to our cause.  If you order the book you want from Amazon or
some other bookseller and have it shipped to our house, it will be the next
book that she processes for BSO.  Because we go to Kinko and have the
binding cut off to make scanning easier and more accurate, we will not be
able to return it in great condition but, for an additional fifty cents, we
can have Kinko put a decent binding back on and ship it off to a sighted
friend if you have any <laugh>.

Enjoy,
cdh

Home address:
3019 8th St. North
St. Petersburg, FL 33704
ph: 727-896-6393 (h)

PS:  This process can take up to a week depending upon Susan's other
commitments but she is not bound in any fashion to follow the BSO mandated
book list so we can mix and match books as we find them interesting or
necessary.

Finally, Susan does not do graphic descriptions beyond what comes over in
the OCR. This is especially true for technical materials which she may not
understand although she is pretty good at computing related jargon.

-- End