Re: Screen Readers for Visual Web Design (Was: Team Excellence Award Winner)

  • From: "John Greer" <jpgreer17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:56:31 -0600

What is being said in this thread is that an artist should be able to say that his own work is beautiful. Beauty though is a matter of opinion. Case in point, there was a modern artist named Andy Warhol. His paintings sold for thousands of dollars and many people thought he was the greatest graphic artist of our modern age. Personally I thought he sucked. He painted pictures of things like Pepsi cans. Now, I ask you does the fact that he sucked in my opinion still make him the greatest modern artist of our time? Undoubtedly he thought he was because he had many people around him that loved his work, but I can guarantee not everyone thought so. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Veli-Pekka Tätilä" <vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>