[Sodbeans-developer] Sappy 0.5.1 released

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sodbeans <sodbeans-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:00:56 -0500

Folks,

We've put up a new version of Sappy with a number of Accessibility/bug
fixes, from feedback from the community. The release notes follow:

Sappy 0.5.1

1. Fixed a number of issues with editors speaking the wrong text.
2. Fixed issues with menus speaking badly on windows (Thanks Sina!)
3. Fixed a number of minor issues related to the way the NetBeans
modules were setup.

Sappy is also being added to the default NetBeans Beta update center,
through a standard NetBeans install, which Oracle was kind enough to
offer to let us do. If you want to try it out, but don't want to
download the rather large executable from sourceforge, that's another
way you can try it. I suspect that this code will be up there
officially within a week or two.

Those with an existing copy of Sappy can either download a new version
or just use the update center in NetBeans. On Mac, this is Help->Check
for updates. From there it should automatically detect the updates,
download them, and ask you to reboot sappy. Finally, Sappy is a big
program, so it will be a few hours before it has correctly been
distributed to all of the appropriate sourceforge mirrors.

Stefik