RE: SSIP for Windows -- beta almost ready for release

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:37:02 -0500

With the use of chant, but also with the installation of something like
window eyes, they can have their own voice. Also, the IBM  tts voices are
available as well.

Plus, the libraries that use the screen reading API's will be integrated
into the SSIP abstraction layer, so there's no reason why the user can't use
jaws's eloquence, if they're ok with leaving jaws on, but in sleep mode,
while they use a vnc session, x11 forwarding, or a myriad of others.

Take care,
Sina