Re: SSIP for Windows -- beta almost ready for release

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:05:57 +0200

Yes I have the same type of questions, and some more.

For example, I was told that Jaws could run on a remote server and the client application could send a text to the server for getting the sound from it, but how can it get it? As an mp3 file? As a .wav? Or something else? Would it be legally to use Jaws this way from more client machines that could access a server that runs Jaws? ... or Window Eyes... no matter which of them.

And one more thing... If that program can be used that way, why does it need to use Jaws or Window Eyes? Why not using just the voice synthesizer in order to produce the sound?

I think that very few things were said here on the list about that project, and many more things off the list, but I think that most of the listers don't know too much about it.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>