Re: SSIP Project Status

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:34:59 -0500

Kind of a pain in the last centure too...*smile*
So how about a beta release and request for comments...
It was my experience when doing development that customers demanded things
to be on time even when some features were not quite implemented. There was
always a tug of war between the people dealing with customers and the people
doing the R&D trying to get important features implemented before a release.
Customers have their own deadlines to worry about, and sometimes they wanted
stuff early and incomplete, but preferably a functioning release if that was
possible.  At least if you call your software a beta, the expectations
weren't so high.
Comments?
I think to handle the problem supporting legacy code, a group should be
assigned the task of easing the impact of upgrading by writing tools that
help the process and/or contracting with customers to assist in the
transition.
--le