Re: SQL Server

  • From: "Dorene Cornwell" <dorenefc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:17:28 -0800

I will be using SQL Server 2005. There is a bit more version info and the
software is supplied through my class. I will be running the Server program
on my laptop and I think my laptop has at least the minimum capacity.

The class is called  "multidimensional analysis." Interesting question I
will be building tables or just extracting data, and I do not know. Based on
prior work experience doing SQL / data mining but with better vision,
instructor would have let me take a class this is a prereqp for, but after
she explained the sequence, I decided I would do things one step at a time.

What I remember from an Access class awhile ago was that I was having
trouble parsing the SQL queries when read out loud rather than visually. So
the point of my approach is to solve that as well as the initial JAWS
ramp-up time.

So with that intro, any more tips?

Thanks
DoreneC