Re: SAPI5 speech via COM in AutoIt, VBNET, & C#

  • From: Veli-Pekka Tätilä <vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:24:28 +0300

Hi Octavian,
As for where the SAPi functions and properties come from, all of them
have been well documented. EIther get the Speech API development kit and
read its help under automation:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en>

or Google with sapi sdk.

OR if you are up to it, get the Windows software development kit for
Vista and earlier. It has got all the Win32, SAPI and  mnumerous other
technologies documented. IN addition to using it with SAPi I've been
using it to augment the Win32::GUI docs in Perl. Here is the link:

<https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C2B1E300-F358-4523-B479-F53D234CDCCF&displaylang=en>

or Google with Windows sdk vista.

The latter SDK is what I am using, and is a great reference even in
langs other than C or C#. One could use it in Win32::API, too, as far as
Perl goes.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila

Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Hi Jamal,
> Here are some lines from your code:
> Local $oSapi = ObjCreate("SAPI.SpVoice")
> $oSapi.Speak($sText)
> Please tell me where can I found information about the syntax of the methods
> I can use and the types of objects like "SAPI.SpVoice" and "Speak".
<snippage>