Running my own server for development purposes

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blind" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:34:19 -0400

Hey guys, I'm trying to install a server for my persona use and testing
under windows 7. I tried using iis (comes with windows) but couldn't get it
to run my ajax pages. Is there any configuration setting I need to change to
enable ajax? I tried installing microsoft asp.net AJAX1.0, with no result...
So then I tried the apache 2.2.13 server, but no luck there, I haven't tried
ajax, but I can't get the php5.3.0 package working with it as of now, so
haven't been able to test... Is there a preference over one of these 2
servers for testing? In terms of accessibility and ease of use?

Thanks, D!J!X!