RE: Ruby on Rails web hosting

  • From: "Mike Terry" <miketerry-lists@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:11:26 -0400

Jamal,

I'm learning ruby, rails and have poked around to see what rails hosting
options there are.  Below are a few sites I've book marked after having read
the info on the site fairly thoroughly.

I still haven't decided.  I think I've got to put band width, storage,
deployment method and other differences into perspective; before I can choose.
The one thing I have started picking up around the net is that if your rails
app is going to have lots (say several thousand) users, people are turning to a
"mongrel cluster" with apache or lighttpd as the front end reverse proxy.  I
won't need anyting like this in the beginning; however, I do know that people
say ror apps require more machine power then php or perl.

Of all the hosting sites I've looked  at www.hostingrails.com seems to be
pushing support for mongrel as there strong suit.

Hope this helps

Mike

Hosting Rails
http://www.hostingrails.com/

Blue Hosting
http://helpdesk.bluehost.com/kb/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=8&id=232

Engine Yard
http://www.engineyard.com/?gclid=CIuG6JCFrI8CFQc-YAodmxr4Kw

Ruby On Rails - Reviews (rails hosting site)
http://www.railshosting.org/