Re: Remote desktop and Jaws programming question

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:04:26 +0000

Hi all.
I doubt this would work. First of all, JAWS needs to be authorized to run in remote desktop sessions no matter what. It just display an error message and quit workig otherwise. Second, like you say a picture of the remote user's desktop is displayed. Without the proper JAWS license you cannot use JAWS in Remote Desktop sessions, not even as a 40 minute demo. One reason I do not like FS's business practices. To be fair though they are only doing what MS are doing; force the user to pay more to get a version of Windows that supports hosting Remote Desktop sessions. So FS are forcing customers to pay more to add Remote Access authorization to their existing or new license. To add insult to injury, one needs to upgrade to JAWS Professional before they can even use JAWS in Remote sessions.
Take care.

Chris H
You can contact me in the following ways:
E-mail and Facebook: challsworth2@xxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Blog: http://chrishallsworth.klangoblogs.net

On 26/11/2010 16:58, Darko Pogačić wrote:
Hi there!
I found the source code for the remote desktop program, written in
Visual Basic 6.
How I want to implement the Jaws screen reading support, I included the
jfwapi.dll file in the program's source code.
I have not idea, how to force Jaws to read the remote user's desktop,
because is shown on the screen as a picture.
Maybe someone has idea how?