Re: Regular Expression Help Please

  • From: Jim Bauer <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 12:57:33 -0600

In this case, the ? is telling the * quantifier to match only the bare
minimum required to satisfy the pattern. Normally, regex quantifiers
(., *, ?, and +) match everything they can while still allowing the
pattern to succeed.
Jim Bauer <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx> wrote on Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:03:21
-0600: