Recommendation for a General C++ Reference

  • From: Jim Bauer <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:14:29 -0500

Hi,

Is there a standard, general-purpose C++ reference, either
downloadable or in Man form? I compile with GCC under Cygwin and have
grabbed the Doxygen-produced man pages for GNU's "STDC++" library.
Thus, things like `man [string, iostream, vector, etc]' and `info
clib' get me started when I know what I need; but that isn't always
the case.

I realize one man's "invaluable reference" is another's "dustcatcher,"
so I predict, welcome, and appreciate the varying opinions.