Re: QT

  • From: Veli-Pekka Tätilä <vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:04:53 +0200

Hi Octavian,
QT is not accessible in Windows nor in Linux. QT4 will be in practice.
However, a fair amount of accessibility implementation is still needed
and a QT capable screen reader. Once KDE4 comes out, which majorly uses
QT in Linux, they're going to create a QT4 compatible version of Orca
for Linux. HOWever, neither GTK+ nor QT are accessible on Windows. About
the only mainstream QT4 app out there to my knowledge is Skype and
that's Skype on Linux on my friend's Gentoo machine. It still doesn't
speak using Orca, we tried.

I'm mightily interested in QT4 since it runs KDE4 and KDE is what I want
to use in LInux once that's accessible. I like graphical, i.e. easy to
use, tools for customizability and KDE offers that.

Links:

http://accessibility.kde.org/

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-accessibility&m=115656093111923&w=2

--