Re: Python display error was: Seeking feedback from speech users of Python

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:03:40 -0500

Hi Jamal,
I may have been mixed up about that. I'll use tabs and check again.

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

             "Jamal Mazrui"
             <empower@xxxxxxxx
             t>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-                                          cc
             bounce@freelists.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Python display error was:
                                       Seeking feedback from speech users
             12/18/2007 08:59          of Python
             AM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

That's good to know about JAWS 9, Jim.  By the way, I think you said that
EdSharp produces 8 spaces when the IndentUnit is a tab character.  I'm
having trouble duplicating that.  When I set Indent unit to the "\t"
string, each press of tab seems to advance the column number by one -- as
reported by Alt+A or Alt+Delete.

Jamal
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:03:38 -0500
> From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Python display error was: Seeking feedback from speech users
>     of Python
>
> Hi Richard,
> JAWS 9 fixes this issue.
>
> Jim
>
> James D Homme, , Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
> james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810
>
> "Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
> world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead
>

>              "rrdinger"
>              <rrdinger@olypen.
>              com>
>              Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx