Python - Virtues

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:01:52 -0500

Hi,
I write this with mixed emotions. Sad, because someone told me that work on
NVDA has slowed down or stopped. Excited because if I can stick to my guns
this time, maybe some day I will be able to contribute. I'd also like to
convince any Python hackers out here to contribute to NVDA until I can get
there. For anyone who does not like Python, please forgive me. Here are two
articles by very respected programmers who have been converted. I value
their opinions.

Bruce Eckel is the author of the
famous 'Thinking in Java' and 'Thinking in C++' books. He says that no
language has made him more productive than Python. He says that Python
is perhaps the only language that focuses on making things easier for
the programmer. Read the complete interview
http://www.artima.com/intv/aboutmeP.html

Eric S. Raymond is the author of
'The Cathedral and the Bazaar' and is also the person who coined the term
'Open Source'. He says that Python has become
his favorite programming language.
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3882

Thanks for reading.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead