RE: Python?

  • From: "Reed Poynter" <reed.poynter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:01:53 -0800

Hi Suzanne,

I believe that to state that, just because one happens to be blind one might
not be able to indent, is a poor attitude.
In the over-all life experience, it is healthy to have to do things that you
might not like or find a little difficult.  This attitude that I shouldn't
have to do it that way because it isn't my style or I don't like it, or it's
stupid, is too prevalent today.

If you want to use Python, and you have blind students, just help them to
find a way to work with it; don't let them avoid it!  In my view, that is
very unhealthy.
In some instances, I might pick Python simply because you have to indent.

Reed