RE: Project Management:

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 13:51:33 -0400

Hi,

If I remember correctly, there is a verbosity setting for indentation level
in the old Project scripts.

When I worked at FS, I had to pound the conference room table and shout a
lot to get anything involving MS Project added to the feature list for a
JAWS release.  My primary thesis was that blind people who want to get
promotions will need such software and, if JAWS doesn't support it, users
may not have the tools to move up to the next level.

After a while, I started losing this battle to the "What software will 90%
of our users want?"  The ninety percent rule has taken JAWS from the
vanguard of application support to an IE and Office access program and,
sadly, those of us who need high end professional tools have two options:
find a sightie to take files we make in Excel and put the data into Project
or write our own scripts based on those that ship with JAWS to better
support MS Project.

MS Project, based on my memory of the evaluation we did a number of years
back, has a fairly verbose DOM and making a nice set of scripts for the
table views (tasks, resources and a few others) shouldn't be too hard if
someone or group of people want to take a crack at it.

Enjoy,
cdh