Programming for Desktop Verses Programming on Pocket PC

  • From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 01:34:42 -0700

Hi all,

Got a simple question...

Is it easier to write an app for a pocket PC device or for a desktop OS such as Windows? In other words, if I were writing a calculator for a pocket PC or desktop OS, both containing the same calculator features, would they both necessitate the same size executables? I'm wondering if one platform might add much more functionality with less coding overhead. The ultimate goal is to have many of the Microsoft windows calculator features on a pocket PC without a huge file overloading my device's ram or OS. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matthew