Programming Visual Basic .net with Direct X

  • From: Gilbert Neiva <gneiva@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:44:31 -0600

I have a problem. I am just starting to learn to program Visual Basic .Net with
DirectX. I am trying to learn 3D Sound programming, but I just can't get the
listenner to work right. Here is what I have in the forms_Load procedure.

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim DsDevice As DirectSound.Device = New DirectSound.Device

Dim BuffDesc As DirectSound.BufferDescription = New
DirectSound.BufferDescription

DsDevice.SetCooperativeLevel(Handle, DirectSound.CooperativeLevel.Priority)

BuffDesc.PrimaryBuffer = True

BuffDesc.Control3D = True

Dim Primary As DirectSound.Buffer = New DirectSound.Buffer(BuffDesc, DsDevice)

Dim Listener As DirectSound.Listener3D = New DirectSound.Listener3D(Primary)

Listener.Position = (9, 9, 0)

End Sub

I have many questions. How do you set a listenners orientation, where a
listenner is facing a certain direction? Did I do the listenner.position right.
When I try to run the program, I get errors. I think it has to do with the
listenner.position. Are there any books that deal with 3D sound with Visual
Basic. I checked out most of the books out there, but they all deal with Direct
X graphics. I need to learn how to program 3D sound with VB .Net. Can anyone
out there help?

Gilbert Neiva