Re: Programming Concepts: A Question About How Using Libraries Works

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:27:22 -0400

Unfortunately not. Java packages use a different API and binary format than .NET assemblies. If there is a topic on which You'd like to find a .NET library, a good place to search is the open source hosting site sponsored by Microsoft,

http://codeplex.com

Jamal

On 7/2/2010 11:01 AM, Homme, James wrote:

Hi,

Is this even possible? When I get enough up to speed on VB, I saw one or
two Java libraries that I'd like to maybe learn about and use. Is it
possible for me to use them somehow? If so, in non-programming terms at
a 50000-foot level, what would I have to do and how would my program
know about the functions and data in the libraries?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,

Usability Services,

Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme

Internal recipients, Read my accessibility blog
<http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>.
Discuss accessibility here
<http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/default.aspx>.
<http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/Accessibility%20Wiki/Forms/AllPages.aspx>

solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without
the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail
message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its
subsidiaries, or affiliates.